Theme: Building Successful Retail Models and Growing the Retail Ecosystem in a Technology and Digitally-enhanced Retail atmosphere to delight the New Age Consumers
“The mission of the South India Retail Summit is to be the RETAIL CATALYST connecting businesses, people, knowledge, products, designs, and ideas for profitable avenues of growth and expansion for Retailers, Brands , Retail Real Estate players and Technology solution providers in tune with the dynamic consumer preferences and evolving retail channels and formats, building into successful partnerships for growth.”
10:00 – 10:20 = SIRS RESEARCH: UNDERSTANDING THE NEW PATH TO PURCHASE – HOW THE SHOPPING BEHAVIOURS ARE CHANGING
How do you reach out to a diverse set of consumers with different behavioral and demographic profiles in the same market. The Southern region is one such market with many different languages, cultural paradigms, consumer sensitivities and preferences, and purchasing powers. It is the stronghold of the tradition-loving consumer, as well as the smartphone flaunting yuppie next-generation, a place where in many corners the women are more empowered than the men of the household and hold more decision-making power, and where trust in the shop and value for money bargain count for everything. We explore the decision making behaviours and the trends of reaching across to such a divergent group of consumers, where the retail environment can maximize its reach and opportunities of knowing their consumer better.
– The new-age millenial consumer
– The digital-savvy shopper
– The tradition-seeking shopper
– The value-conscious shopper
- Rashmi Nair, Associate Director, Deals Strategy, PwC
10:20 – 10:40 = SIRS RESEARCH: DIGITAL INTEGRATION IN RETAIL AND THE EVOLVING OMNICHANNEL SCENARIO
An exploration of the role of digital in retail, what’s appropriate, what’s effective and what’s coming on the horizon. Presenting trend-setting ideas in building your retail business digital ready and leverage the 360 degrees retail capabilities offered by Omnnichannel ..
- Siddharth Jain, Principal, AT Kearney
10:45 – 12:00 = INAUGURAL AND KEYNOTE ADDRESSES
– GROWTH AND OPPORTUNITIES IN RETAIL
– THE ROLE OF OMNI-CHANNEL IN GROWING THE RETAIL ECOSYSTEM
Southern India, with all its potential, continues to be a prime destination for retailers, marketers and investors. The growth of organised retail here has been on an upsurge. Over the past one decade, the retail industry of the region has witnessed dynamic metamorphism. The South Indian states hold tremendous potential in terms of economic viability and vitality, demography, geographical vastness of the market and increasing disposable incomes. The dynamics of these markets are unique and need in-depth understanding.
We bring the leaders together to discuss the Southern India’s market scenario and the opportunities for the next level of growth, key regional retail brands’ growth strategy, evolving the retail real estate spaces to a new level of invigorating and immersive customer experiences, evolving the future retail models on the back of omnichannel and digital, and the key to getting ready to capitalize on the next growth centres of the region.
- Session Chair: B S Nagesh, Founder, TRRAIN
- Alok Dubey, CEO – Lifestyle Brands, Arvind Lifestyle Brands
- Falguni Nayar, Founder and CEO, Nykaa.com
- Lavanya Nalli, President, Nalli Group
- Neeraj Biyani, Director and Co-Founder, Paper Boat (Hector Beverages)
- Viney Singh, Managing Director, Max Hypermarket (Spar)
ESSENTIALS OF SURVIVAL
12:00 – 13:00 = STRATEGY NEXT – DESIGNING A BETTER RETAIL INDIA
– Building your Brand ethos and Retail mission
– Human Resource enablement and growth of talent
– Store folios and formats
– Digital and Technology integration
– Product and Service Innovation
– The next stage of evolution in Omnichannel
– The evolving Retail Spaces
- Moderator: Gautam Kotamraju, SVP – New Initiatives, Myntra.com
- Chandrima Pareek, Head of Business, Reliance Ecommerce
- CK Kumaravel, CEO and Co-Founder, Naturals Salon and Spa
- Lavanya Nalli, President, Nalli Group
- Sunil Sanklecha, Managing Partner, Nuts-n-Spices
- TP Pratap, Co-Founder and Chief Marketing Officer, QwikCilver & Woohoo.in
- V P Harris, MD, Witco
13:00 – 13:45 – Lunch
GROWTH & EXPANSION
13:45 – 14:45 = BUILDING A BRAND POWERHOUSE AND DRIVING GROWTH : WHAT IT TAKES TO MAKE A BRAND OF NATIONAL RECKONING AND WHAT TO CONSIDER WHEN ASSESSING NEW MARKETS FOR EXPANDING TO A NATIONAL FOOTPRINT
Building a powerful brand combining a strong regional ethos and building its hallmark as the enduring legacy of the best known ingredients of the region, has been the forte of many brands and retailers from across the region. With the brand growing strong, the next imperative is to scale it up for which crossing frontiers by taking it on a pan-India footprint, or even the international markets, is the next step in strengthening your brand and realizing its true value. We gain insights into what are the strategies and operational best practices that retailers have adopted in building the enduring legacy and value around their hallowed brands, and what strategies they have followed in building highly successful and profitable retail powerhouses – starting from one outlet, then expanding to multiple outlets within the same city, and then multiple outlets across the region, and finally crossing the regional frontier to gain a pan-India presence, or even reaching across to international markets.
- Co-Moderator: Kaushik Sriram, Consultant, AT Kearney
- Co-Moderator: Rahul Bhalchandra, CEO and Founder, YLG Salon and Spa
- Ketan Pishe, Director and Partner, PN Rao
- Manohar Chatlani, Chairman, MD Retail (Soch)
- CK Kumaravel, CEO and Co-Founder, Naturals Salon and Spa
- Kiran Ranga, MD, Ripple Fragrances and Partner, N Ranga Rao and Sons (Cycle brand agarbatti)
TECHNOLOGY – THE GAME CHANGER
14:45 – 15:45 = PROFITING AND GROWING FROM THE NEW-AGE TECHNOLOGY ENABLERS AND INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGY DEPLOYMENT
With technology becoming an integral part of our lives, the Indian consumers compel retailers to invest in new-age technology to deliver a converged commerce experience that connects physical stores with the digital world. A recent consumer study revealed that nearly 97 percent of respondents want retailers to invest in technology and 67 percent stated that converged commerce is key to enhancing their shopping experiences, with nearly 84 percent of the respondents mentioning that their use of technology to shop has increased over the last year, most notably with mobile (86 percent) and social media (65 percent).
How can we as retailers and techno-leaders keep ahead of the times and be one step ahead of consumer expectations.
We bring together some of the best technology experts and leaders to present the next generation of ideas set to transform the consumer experience and keep you ahead of the trends.
– Big Data
– Web Interface
– Convergence – Digital and Omnichannel
- Moderator: Bino George, Head of Business Consultant, Infor Indian SubContinent
- C. Gopalakrishnan, Founder, N Stores
- Rohit Khetan, Head, Marketing and Strategy, Ginesys
- Seshu Kumar, Head – Buying and Merchandising, Bigbasket.com
15:45 – 16:45 = INNOVATIVE RETAIL CONCEPTS THAT ARE REDEFINING CONSUMER ENGAGEMENT AND TRANSFORMING RETAIL TO A NEW LEVEL OF IMMERSIVE AND LEISURE EXPERIENCES
Everybody needs differentiation and the consumer values it most in a retail experience. Running a retail store isn’t just about standing behind the counter and ringing up customers. Retailers also have to get out there to develop ideas from breakthrough designs and concepts that they see everyday around them, keep an eye on the trend-setting ideas which are seeing the most successful sales conversions and growth, experiment with new layouts to combine freshness with a timeless appeal, combine functionality with aesthetics, and integrate the in-vogue products or solutions that can make the store more awesome for the consumer in every way. Retailers known for breaking new ground into getting customers raving about their retail experience, provide insights on where the opportunities lie for new design formats and experimental designs and how to integrate with the new trendy, and what alternatives there are to integrating retail experiences with other components such as leisure and entertainment.
- Moderator: Juhi Santani, Creative Director & Founding Partner, RETALE Design
- B Venkataramana, President – Group HR, Landmark Group
- M Ramakrishnan, MD, Thulasi Pharmacies
- Suraj Shantakumar, Director – Business Strategy, Kirtilals
16:45 – 17:45 = THE CHANGING RETAIL SPACES – CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE NEW RETAIL EXPERIENCE THROWN UP BY NEW CHANNELS AND RISING CUSTOMER EXPECTATIONS
We get leading developers, retailers and online experience providers to share insights on the retail space challenges and opportunities brought about by increasing Digitalization and Omnichannel retail, how to create spaces to accommodate multiple stakeholders – from developers to retailers, brands and customers, the authenticity and role of curation in driving customers into stores, the smartphone screens as the new retail experience, and the importance of leisure and entertainment in the retail mix to build a lifestyle and destination experience.
- Moderator: Rajneesh Mahajan, Executive Director, Inorbit
- L Subhash Chandra, MD, Sangeetha Mobiles
- Bipin Gurnani, CEO, Prozone Intu
- M A Mehaboob, Director, HiLITE Builders
- Sanjeev Rao, Director – Business Development, Raymond
CURATING RETAIL EXPERIENCES
17:45 – 19:00 = CEOs CONCLAVE: CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE: THE DIFFERENTIATOR
– Is customer experience relevant today, given the increasingly discount driven world that we live in?
– How can brick and mortar, as well as retailers embracing an omni channel strategy, create more and more experiential retail to survive and thrive?
– How do we develop a framework for building and delivering great customer experiences?
To discuss and answer these, S Raghunandhan and R Sriram of Next Practice Retail lead a discussion with CEOs of leading retail companies.
- Conclave Co-Chair: S Raghunandhan, Next Practice Retail
- Conclave Co-Chair: R Sriram, Next Practice Retail
- Abhishek Ganguly, MD, Puma India
- Kabir Lumba, MD, Lifestyle International Pvt. Ltd.
- Mohini Binepal, Co-Founder and Head Retail, Ruosh
- Viney Singh, MD, Max Hypermarket (Spar)
- Vishal Mirchandani, CEO – Retail and Commercial, Brigade Enterprises Limited
19:30 hrs onwards – Cocktails and Dinner
– over an interactive engagement with BS Nagesh, talking about RETAIL, BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT AND LIFE.
At first sight, philosophy and business seem worlds apart. Business is concerned with hard practical decisions, made under competitive pressure, with imperfect knowledge and always with an eye to the bottom line.
Philosophy on the other hand seems to be preoccupied by fascinating questions about the meaning of life and the nature of values.
However, there are some critical areas of intersection and that business can become stronger, which means not only more ethical, but also more fruitful and meaningful, by absorbing some of the lessons of philosophy. There doesn’t have to be a divide between profit and value and the essence of doing good.
How can you make LIFE more meaningful each day, and that through your daily life at work – for your customers, for your employees, for your shareholders, for the society at large … and ultimately, for your own fulfillment.
PEOPLE are the cornerstone of our retail enterprise – the face of the brand and the curator of all customer experiences. How do we empower people in retail and work to achieve immediate and lasting change in the lives of retail associates in India. If Indian retail is to be amongst the most admired, we must bring a bigger commitment to upgrading the lives of people in retail, both at work and at home.
BS Nagesh shares his vision and ideas …. about making a difference, and achieving the end goal of all rational humans, as was first and most beautifully defined in the fourth century BC by the philosopher Aristotle as eudaimonia, a word commonly translated as ‘flourishing’ or ‘fulfillment’.